homestead - Re: [Homestead] One year vision

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] One year vision
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:54:52 -0400

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 11:48 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> The bank runs have already begun. Indie Mac, anybody?
>
> Oh yeah, that jarred me a bit. IndyMac was a lender that I had access to
for construction loans. Never used them because they never quite understood
that in my neck of the woods we like our acreage and they were hq'd in CA.

Heard stories about people who had more than $100k in the bank having to
prove it and not necessarily getting what they were owed. But also wondered
why on earth anyone would keep more than $100k in the bank since only that
much per person is insured.

lkvp