homestead - Re: [Homestead] Wall-E

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Wall-E
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:49:50 -0500

Yes, some might be reminded. But how many who get the message will give in to their children's pleadings to take WALL-E home? Disney may be giving civilization a wake up call, but is obviously capitalizing on the trend of what's on everyone's mind of late. Until advertisers stop targeting children, and responsible consumerism is taught in schools as part of ecology I don't know when the cycle will be broken, exept when we squeeze the last bit of oil from the Earth.

I read Wendell Berry's article that Don sent a link to this morning about limitless behaviours and thought it was very good. As a whole, homesteaders know a lot about working within the limitations of a system and see the direct connection between personal responsibility and outcome. It's admirable but difficult to find the positive in much of what's happening today. It depresses me greatly. However, among the most positive and uplifting is living the homesteading life.

The other is we just got 2 inches of rain!

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:07:53 -0500