homestead - [Homestead] Useful homestead tool

  • From: "WF Smith" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Useful homestead tool
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:16:50 -0400

I just completed a job of demolishing lay-in ceilings in a school. To remove
the debris efficiently I bought a four-wheeled pnuematic tired garden cart
with a 1,000 lb capacity. The sides are expanded metal and are hinged to
drop down. My guys were able to stack ceiling tiles and old insulation from
the cart to just under door height and wheel them right out to the dumpster,
and the handle was long enough to allow them to pull the odd lengthed
support tracks. All in all this is going to be a very handy thing to have
around the house and I was excited today when we wound down the job and I
was able to load the thing up and bring it home.

Here's the exact model, though I bought mine at Home Depot for under 90
dollars.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94908

Everyone should have one of these.

Warren