homestead - Re: [Homestead] microwave popcorn

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] microwave popcorn
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:47:42 -0400

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:14 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> Closing was delayed because the septic failed and they were obligated
> to convey with it working, so.....you know how that goes...

Better to have it fixed on their watch and not yours, but I'm sorry for your
delay. There's still time.

Around here if one septic is not working properly or not adequate (25+ y.o.
system or older), they make you add a second tank and piggy-back it to the
first.

When we went through licensing to have a live-in client and added room onto
our house we had to get a second tank even though there were still just 5 of
us in the house (and oldest son could leave any day). We were told we had an
amazing drain field. Cheer. If we ever want to unload this property down the
road, we can honestly disclose that we have a great updated septic system
and two roofs. Previous owner put a tin roof on top of a shingled one. The
things you learn when you choose to add on or renovate an old house.

Lisa