homestead - Re: [Homestead] SCOTUS strikes gun ban

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SCOTUS strikes gun ban
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:46:53 -0400

I think we are misunderstanding each other. The DC chief of police has set up what is a de facto ghetto in the SE section of DC. People coming and going are subject to search and questioning for no other reason than being there. I was not talking about gating communities in the slightest. On one hand, their Constitutional right to bear arms, on the other, a complete infringement of their right to freedom. It was that bit or irony I was commenting on.

The citizens living in that section have complained strenuously, but it hasn't just gone away. Gated communities are a very different thing. People choose them.