homestead - Re: [Homestead] SCOTUS strikes gun ban

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] SCOTUS strikes gun ban
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:43:37 -0500

On Jun 26, 2008, at 2:29 PM, bob ford wrote:

I agree. I just don't like hypocrisy. But, you did leave out a big reason why you did so much business within gated communities. The relationship of the developers with lenders. The houses in those communities are generally less expensive and easier to finance than a similarly sized house in a central city historic neighborhood

The reason I worked there was higher sales prices and attendant higher commissions for the same work. The gated communities where I worked were much more expensive than typical subdivisions. Many of the sales were for cash. Only one sale failed due to financing and that was because a retired engineer thought he knew more than I did and chose to get financing through his credit union, headquartered in Denver. The seller tired of waiting and sold to another buyer. The engineer wrote a complaint letter to the real estate commissioner, the only one I ever had. I wrote a response and that was the end of it.

Gene you said on this list once that "homesteading" was a "frame of mind". I might be the only person left on the list that lives in a city, but I don't think so. I've never hidden the fact that I live in the city. I intend to move back to the country in the not-too- distant future. I already own the property. But for now, I just hang in here and do the best I can do.

I can't give you a good enough reason for why I initially moved to the city.

Now you have to know I was tongue-in-cheek.

I try to not make judgements on how others live. Each life is unique. Stuff happens.