homestead - Re: [Homestead] Does this idea stink?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Does this idea stink?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:22:23 -0500

On Jun 24, 2008, at 3:04 PM, <eureka AT hctc.net> <eureka AT hctc.net> wrote:

Our pioneer
well is outside the pump house with a large ground level
metal plate covering it weighted in place with some large
stones. The hole is rectangular, about the size it would
take a man with a pick axe to carve, and about 40 feet
deep with water flowing like a river in a sheet across a
deeper pool on the bottom of it. So there is also the
consideration of building something over the well for cool
storage, maybe attached to the well house like an
addition. The water comes out of the ground here at 65
degrees. Would this be a better solution?

If you do now or think you might in the future like to follow feng shui principles, I believe one of them is that all old wells should be sealed. Something bubbling in my gray stuff says feng shui practitioners believe that water carries energy away.