homestead - Re: [Homestead] Happy Summer, Everybody! : )

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Happy Summer, Everybody! : )
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:08:44 -0800

Son #3's girlfriend got a book on making sushi and we had a sushi party last summer. Mostly veggie but some with grilled shrimp. We made "real" sushi rice and then made some with basmati and some with brown jasmine. My fav was the brown jasmine with avocado, grilled green onion and a couple stalks of garlic chives.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>

The only fish we had was sushimi grade tuna, but otherwise the rest was
vegan. We had some delightful sweet potato and avocado sushi (really good!),
and standard sushi combinations as well.