homestead - Re: [Homestead] Happy Summer, Everybody! : )

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Happy Summer, Everybody! : )
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:48:18 EDT

>> We had some delightful sweet potato and avocado sushi (really
>> good!),
>> and standard sushi combinations as well.

Hmmm...this is a pairing that would never have occured to me. Seasonings? I
have been buying nothing but long-grain rice forever, simply because it does
NOT stick together, but am aware of all the exotics because I'm a Food
Network
addict.

Living by myself the last several years (if you don't count critters), I do
really, really miss cooking for a buncha folks...but the landlord and I have
worked out a deal whereby he gives me X number of $ a month, and I cook for
him as I choose. He leaves the money ON the fridge, and I leave the food IN
the
fridge. Hermits, both. We write each other notes, and email a lot.

I did ask him up front for a list of items he does not like, and - sadly -
sushi was among them. Odd...because he's a sailor, and spends most of his
time
off the coast of the Hawaiian Islands. One would think that sushi is a given.
I s'pose it's the idea of raw fish that turns people off. But then again, I
remember raw hamburger (steak tartar) as a "delicacy".

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

fuel-efficient used cars.