homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:36:13 -0500

On Jun 14, 2008, at 2:34 PM, SJC wrote:

My 3 kids (now 39, 35, and 31) were "unschooled" many years before I
ever heard the word, in Virginia's tidewater area (a particularly rabid
bastion of stay-inside-the-lines). . . . He's my son; I'm his mother and very proud
of him: he's doing much better than 95% of adult autistics I've met. He
still is uncomfortable for the most part with people but was empathetic
enough to quit his job and move up here (he lives in VA, I'm in ME) for
a year to help me rebuild after the fire. His brothers are average
guys, plenty bright but not exceptional, and just a couple of weeks ago
the middle one commented, "You know, I guess we should thank David for
paving the way for us learning the way we did." Indeed, kiddo.

Wow. Well done! I am way past impressed.

Just wonderful.