homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:47:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Uh-huh. Remember, the Mafia was in Sicily a long
> time ago, not a place
> overrun with schools. It was the government, they
> didn't care for.
> Government is real hard to get rid of.
>
> Marie

My brother once made the point that "anarchy would be
the best form of government if there were just someone
to enforce it"
If there is no government someone with power will take
over and in a manner become the government.
Neighborhoods taken over by gangs are one example.
Another example is the business climate in the guilded
age. Standard Oil in essence became a government
because they had so much power that they could control
the marketplace.
Van Dell