homestead - Re: [Homestead] Odd tree problem

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Odd tree problem
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:34:20 -0400

Well, everything I read says it is a hard wood, so I stand corrected. Maybe ours wasn't more than a year old and too wet.

EarthNSky wrote:
It is most definitely a soft wood, burns much like poplar, imo.
Sorry, I haven't been reading about your walnut problem-is it going to fall on your house or something?

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote:

Because of the fast growth I suspect the wood is soft. Ron can tell us for sure when you take it down.

My walnut problem and your sweetgum problem highlight the important of being careful what trees you grow near your garden and buildings.