homestead - Re: [Homestead] On certainty

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] On certainty
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:03:25 -0500

On Jun 7, 2008, at 11:01 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I hold a president to a higher standard for two reasons:

I do too, but I am not willing to rewrite the dictionary to accommodate that
standard. </HTML>

Regarding lying by presidents, there is a very thin line between a lie and what is known as credible deniability or plausible deniability. A president may be protected by those close to him with this political expediency but the people's common sense increasingly often sees through it. When the majority believe that is what happened then the president's credibility and acceptability rating sinks. At that point governance becomes problematic and programs which might otherwise have merit often fail. I have no tolerance for such behavior regardless of dictionary definitions.