homestead - [Homestead] Planet

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Planet
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 12:28:01 -0400

Yes, it's about saving the Earth.
Yesterday, Ron and I joined CRBI, the Coosa River Basin Initiative
http://www.coosa.org/
a grassroots environmental group dedicated to protecting water resources
in general and the Coosa River Basin specifically. Anyway, as part of a
new member goody-bag, we received a sample bottle of the dish-washing
detergent called Planet, which is supposedly 100% biodegradable. (I
think most dishwashing detergents are anyway, but whatever) I went the
the planetinc.com website but still could not find an ingredient list to
see what this stuff is...all it says is that it is made from coconut
oil, which makes me think sodium lauryl sulfate-it's gotta be, doncha think?
Anyway, I wanted to take this op to encourage everyone here to join their local water coalition group to protect their local rivers and streams. CRBI dues and donations are tax deductible, too.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky