homestead - Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:45:03 -0700

Women these days live far, far longer than evolution intended. Get
used to it. It aint pretty. But then old men aren't much either.

Read Jared Diamond "Why is Sex Fun?" In that book he postulates that Menopause is necessary for our survival. Because of our big head child birth is dihibiliting and can lead to death. Having a grandmother around who can help care for the mother and child increases the chances of survival of both. Menopause saves the older woman from the rigors and real danger of childbirth.

Don Bowen KI6DIU