homestead - Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We're all gonna die
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:31:09 -0500

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 4:53 AM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> Here is a puzzler: why, when awakening after, say, six hours sleep, do
> I then later sometimes get sleepy after ingesting four cups of coffee?
> This darn caffeine we get these days is simply not dependable. Why, I
> remember when . . . .

I don't drink much coffee these days. It's quite satisfying to drink,
but if I drink a cup too much I end up edgy _and_ sleepy. To say the
least, that's unpleasant. Naps are good, though. My mother was able to
do the work of a young person into old age, but she also was able to
fall asleep in seconds when she sat down. Of course, she got up around
3 a.m.

Marie