homestead - Re: [Homestead] On work horses

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] On work horses
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:02:35 -0800

Most of the Spanish horses were of Barb descent. Here's some history on them http://www.originalhorses.org/history.html

They are tough horses!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Warren" <mogrits AT gmail.com>

Here's a better article on the Marsh Tackies

http://dwb.beaufortgazette.com/local_news/story/4996148p-4562492c.html

It appears the upper end of the price is around 1,500.00, ranging down to
"free to the right person". I also notice the gentleman in the article is
approximately 75yo now. It doesn't appear they are a "purebred" as such. I
haven't yet read a downside to them. I'm learning a lot about horses from
the list.