homestead - [Homestead] What people will do for homemade cherry pie

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] What people will do for homemade cherry pie
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 18:23:20 -0500

I have prepared the Balaton cherry as well as I can. The first few flowers opened today. Twenty-five degrees predicted for the next two mornings. The tree is fifteen feet tall, so getting the big tarp up and over, especially in gusty wind, using an eighteen-foot cedar pole and a twenty-foot PVC pipe, was challenging. I have it tied down all around to keep it in place during potential winds. I hung a 75-watt bulb up inside. Will report whether it works or not.

Sent a photo to Don. Perhaps he can make it available.

I am NOT available for similar work on other homesteads except as a long-distance consultant.