homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hops into action

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hops into action
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:48:46 -0500

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:29 AM, <paxamicus AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> This is Marcella Hazan's onion butter sauce. It is THE BEST. With
> fresh tomatoes right out of the garden, it is eden for your mouth.

Omigod! I knew I recognized the recipe. The late, great Jim used
Marcella a lot. BTW, it freezes well and tastes like fresh sauce.

Sometimes when I have a tooth for something, I really miss the old boy.

Of course, I still have the recipe books and a whole bunch of his own
recipes because he compiled them for a friend of ours who was getting
married and moving to Thailand. Our friend wanted to have his favorite
American dishes on occasion.

Marie