homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hops into action

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hops into action
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:26:54 EDT

> Is it dry where you are, Jeanne? It's so humid here my garlic gets
> moldy, and I usually use it pretty quick, my kid eats salsa like
> ketchup.

Celia, dry them a LOT. Even a short stay in a dehydrator. It only improves
the garlic. I'm close to where Jeanne is and it is very humid here in the
temperate rain forrest.

If we hung the kitchen around with garlic like Christmas decorations, I'd
scarcely last until Christmas. That's one reason we got into supplementing
the
bulb garlic with fresh green garlic and the same chopped and dehydrated.

James </HTML>