homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hops into action

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hops into action
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:20:18 -0700

On Mar 31, 2008, at 6:43 AM, paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:

Holy Smokes! $40 per PIZZA? What're you serving on it, caviar? May I
come to dinner?

I don't care for caviar. Biodynamically-grown wheat, fresh ground. Hand-made sauce from home-grown tomatoes and basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme. (In Phoenix I buy organic tomato sauce but I do raise the herbs.) Best quality mozzarella I can find. Then, lavish toppings, again the best quality I can grow or buy or find (morels). Whether one grows, makes, or buys top-quality ingredients, the cost is high. And worth every bit of it. Or at least that is the impression I have gained from those who have eaten at my table.