homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hops into action

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hops into action
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:45:33 EDT

> > Holy Smokes! $40 per PIZZA? What're you serving on it, caviar? May I
> > come to dinner?

You can't compare such to Pizza Hut or frozen Tombstone (and they aren't
giving those away either!).

We make pizzas completely from farmstead resources except that the wheat we
grow only lasts a few weeks and after that it's Wheat Montana wheat (which is
up 60% in price in one year!) OK, we don't grow the olive oil either, but we
pay a stiff price for the good olive oil.

If you bought sauce made from organic San Marzano tomatos, the garlic we've
been talking about, organic onions grown from chicken manure compost, basil
that has been harvested with scissors at just the right stage, oregano of the
type that God eats, .... then hand mix and hand toss the dough, .... organic
motz
from a cow who has never been in the same county with BGH and is entirely
grass fed most of the year, .... etc. etc. It would cost $50 ..... IF that
is
IF you could find such.

Slice Gene's $40 pizza up into 10 generous slices and each would cost $4 by
the slice. That sound out of line? I've seen it and for crap pizza,
although
I've walked distainfully by and gone home to make my own.

My beer's the same way. $11 a pint (if it weren't illegal to sell it). But
it's barley malted in 5lb batches and roasted in a wood fired oven with the
malt master babysitting it the whole time. Guaranteed no GMO's and no
chemicals. Made with naturally hard spring water and hops whose background I
can vouch
for.

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home without experienced homestead
supervision. If you eat real primo homemade pizza with a home brewed beer,
it will ruin
you for life. You will wander past the beer section of stores and the chain
pizzerias without the east desire to partake. </HTML>