homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ralph Nader enters presidential race
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:01:28 -0800

O.K., we have a man who has said the war should go another hundred years and laughes when asked about the economy. We have a man whose whole political career is based on avoiding making a difficult call and who routinely lies in speeches. We have a woman who is, quite probably, simply a shadow of her husband or vise versa. (One has to wonder who back when really decided on their whole political agenda).

The only *real* choices won't be the party choices. Ron Paul, John Edwards. Then I'd have to really think about who marks up the most positives and weigh them against each other.

Not my idea of choices, my idea of crap shoot! Or, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Now, all that aside, and this is a serious question as I am really curious about what you said, do you *really* think that McCain is an intelligent, competent and a decent human? On intelligence, I find it rather questionable based on college alone, 894 out of 899 doesn't exactly give a warm and fuzzy intelligence quotient. Kinda reminds me of what we already have. Competent? His military career is less than stellar. The balance of his career is as a professional politician with absolutely no real world experience AND lots of questionable ties in his background AND currently. If nothing else, he was part of the Keating Five. As a human. Let's see, he comes home to a wife that is in a severe car wreck and spends 3 years in and out of hospitals. His answer is to have affairs while she's in the hospital and then say see ya. His nickname was and still should be McNasty. His favorite way of talking to anyone he doesn't agree with is to call them "jerk." From kids to reporters to other political figures. That will go over real well with political leaders of other countries. AND, he whines! Arg, it's like fingernails on a blackboard <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

For the first time since I have been voting I think we have excellent
choices. I find the three still standing to be all intelligent,
competent and decent humans who will do their best for their country.
Two are very close on agendas. One of them will face a man who has
substantially different focus. Hence, a choice.