homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gardening...was In Defense of Food

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gardening...was In Defense of Food
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:56:42 -0800

Ah, that would be a definitive NO <g> Woke up this a.m. to a foot or more of snow. It is still snowing! However, I did get a really neat picture of a hummingbird out getting a drink at our feeder with snow coming down all around him.

Is anyone else getting ready to sow stuff for the garden?
Tomorrow, I will be washing off the seed flats and stirring the
soil/compost mix. I got some vermiculite from work of all places, so I
plan to mix that in along with a bit of sand and bone meal.
I still haven't decided what I want to plant this year...will be making
those final decisions this weekend. I hope to get the flats seeded by
next weekend.