homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gardening...was In Defense of Food

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gardening...was In Defense of Food
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 23:02:13 -0700

On Jan 4, 2008, at 9:06 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

My
problem with having a greenhouse is more or less tied up with erratic
weather: when we have these huge 40 and 50 degree shifts in
temperature, we also experience winds in the 25 to 45 mph range. One
thing I can see that needs doing is putting in windbreaks, but does
anyone have experience of a hoop structure that will actually survive
that kind of wind?

My brother and I just built a small hoophouse for Mom for her birthday. I believe it will withstand high winds. Let me know privately if you would like me to send photos. Private e-addies don't show up on this homestead mail program. My address is genegerue AT ruralize.com