homestead - Re: [Homestead] In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 04:00:33 -0700

On Jan 27, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Jeanne Driese wrote:

Gene,
My book finally arrived and has been read, and I think you gave a terrific review of it!!

Thank you.

You and I are the same age, and I think our memories of real food have gotten us where we are today!

There is no question in my mind that that is the case. Like you I take no medications. Not even any supplements.

In spite of the fact that I have been interested in using real food all my life I learned many things about our Western Diet that I didn't have a clue about before. People have considered me a health nut or a food weirdo most of my life. Now I am having the last laugh as into my 70's I am in wonderful health, take no medications, and medicare pays for my yearly physical, so it was all worth it in the long run.

That's an expensive yearly physical.