homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hand tools-for firewood

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hand tools-for firewood
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:42:39 -0500

Lynda wrote:
We then got into a discussion about how so many people don't cook anymore or even know how. He was amazed that there were now as many girls, as boys, who don't know how to cook, not just don't cook.

It is no wonder the health of Americans is going down the tubes!
Can't say I'd list myself among those who cook, and my mother never would (like she ever cooks.) I totally shocked myself this morning with a leftovers soup. I figured if I took things I liked I couldn't go wrong (sorry rest of family) so I cooked onions and ginger in olive oil and added the rest of the pumpkin, tossed in day old rice and soaked soy beans, I hadn't used yesterday with the boys, that were taking space that will be needed for tomorrow leftovers, and spiced with whatever I felt like (mostly pie spices + black pepper. Oh, and a piece of kelp.) I like it and it feels healthful just because it's hard to get junky when leftovers are from real food projects. But good cooks have nothing to fear from me.

Peace,
Kathyann