homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hand tools-for firewood

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hand tools-for firewood
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:23:19 -0500

>Those who view the Way of Gadgets as being preferable to skill and patience,
>even when effort and time involved are not much different, or when they fall
>sway to the myth that they are, will also take the next Gadget Way solution
>rather than capacity and skill.

Back some years ago on this list, there was a discussion of gadgets
and how much you would have to work off the homestead to buy and run
them vs. doing it by hand.

That conversation made a big impact on me. Sometimes I sway from it,
but in general, I do consider this when looking at a gadget. Was that
Gene that posted that? This may have been in the 90s.

Rob - Va