homestead - Re: [Homestead] wood stoves

  • From: Jerry B <liberty AT kaballero.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] wood stoves
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:53:15 -0500

Lynda wrote:
Time out <g> California doesn't stop the sale of woodstoves. *Some* cities
have regulations against them. And, quite frankly, it makes sense because
those cities are wall to wall houses and there is no way that having that
many houses spewing wood smoke wouldn't be harmful to a whole bunch of
people.
Then my assumption is mistaken. Why do online catalogs so often state "Not for sale in WA and CA" ? Perhaps because they cannot distinguish online between the localities? * *An example is http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_346054_346054 and I have seen it often on other sites.

jerry