homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let's talk about water...

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let's talk about water...
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:35:50 -0400

The SE US is, after the desert SW, the area in the US that has the
widest range of annual precipatation. Variability of 25% can and does
occur in this area. While places in the SW have a variability of 40%,
25% of an average of 50" of rain is a lot more than 40% of 15... We
are VERY dry this year. Little summer precip, and none of the usual
tropical rains we usually get. We better have a healthy winter, or
next year is going to be bad.

Chris Clarke