homestead - Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Forget oil and housing, let's talk about water...
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:38:34 -0500

On Oct 19, 2007, at 6:30 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

As you probably all are aware, the Southeast is in the middle of one of
the worst droughts on record.

I've been reading about this. Tragically unusual rainfall in your area and surrounding. Makes all my precipitation maps kinda silly. Here in Ozark County we are seven inches below normal but springs and stream are flowing nicely here at Heartwood.

As for critter versus human survival, that seems to me like a no- brainer.

This is the sort of thing that can deteriorate into anarchy real fast.