homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let's talk about water...

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let's talk about water...
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 11:35:08 -0700

At 10/20/2007, you wrote:
>http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/monitor.html

I've been tracking that page since 2003 and just took a look. GA has
been 'showing' drought since the map dated 13 Feb 07, WY and SD have
been showing drought on all 158 of the maps I've saved. Good thing a
lot of people don't live in that part of the country.

It shows a real problem for the west. Most of the area that provides water for California, Nevada, and Arizona is in severe drought. Recent court cases have ruled that more water need to be let flow though the Delta. Southern California had less than 3 inches last year. The west is a desert mo matter how many green lawns are planted.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com