homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:34:06 -0500

On Sep 20, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:

Peak Oil and Global Warming are the slow moving train wrecks that may leave us permanently off the tracks.

I believe there will be oil long after I am in the ground. I believe it will become much more expensive. Those who can afford it will pay it. Those who have prepared themselves, like James and his human- powered tools, will do just fine. Companies that can no longer fill their employee needs will learn how to use telecommuters. Amory Lovins will finally be applauded as a seer. I see much progress coming from it.

Rising temperatures, for whatever cause, will happen gradually. Those who will adapt will do fine. Those who are ignorant of possibilities or unwilling or unprepared to relocate will live less happily. It will be fun to see where the price/pain household income percentage threshold will come out when applied to air-conditioning.