homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: Melody Oliphant <melody AT feedngrow.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:43:26 -0600

Gene GeRue wrote:
England had its first bank run in over 100 years. The Dollar is at an all
time low against the Euro at $1.407 and way down against other
currencies. The Canadian Dollar is almost at par with the US Dollar at
$.9987 Gold is over $745 and oil is just under $82. December corn is
$3.7125, Soybeans at $9.90 ,and Wheat at $8.53. Middle class wages have
been stagnant since 2000. The total bill for the fiasco in the sand could
easily top $2T.

Okay, how shall we homesteaders respond? Shall we focus on how awful the future will be, or shall we think about how fortunate we are to have considered that world events and social conditions are completely beyond our control and so aren't we fortunate that we saw all these potentials and prepared ourselves for them and worse?

I say keep informed and be prepared. Spend your time being happy that you have substantially insulated yourself from the effects of economic ignorance, political criminality, big business greed and the inevitable economic balancing that the world must complete.

Hope for the best,
Prepare for the worst,
And take what comes.

Best wishes,