homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:40:25 -0700

At 9/20/2007, you wrote:

Marie:"I don't think the problem is too much information. I think it ia no
response from our government to the horrible problems we face. "

The housing bubble injected a lot of bad loans into the financial system. It is so bad that few institutions know just how bad their portfolio really is. There is little the governments can do and what they little they do is nothing more than tinkering around the edges and most of that wrong. Mortgage defaults are reaching record numbers as we approach the next major round of resets in November.

England had its first bank run in over 100 years. The Dollar is at an all time low against the Euro at $1.407 and way down against other currencies. The Canadian Dollar is almost at par with the US Dollar at $.9987 Gold is over $745 and oil is just under $82. December corn is $3.7125, Soybeans at $9.90 ,and Wheat at $8.53. Middle class wages have been stagnant since 2000. The total bill for the fiasco in the sand could easily top $2T.

The next few months may be interesting times.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com