homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:21:40 -0500

On 9/20/07, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:
> I typed:
> > It can also require car companies to produce higher mpg cars, > >
>
> All that would help .... a little .... but there are two things going on
> here. Even if we cut our gasoline consumption in half, as soon as the oil
> decline
> starts in earnest, it will do very little good.

The best source of oil is conservation -- more efficient houses, cars, etc.

My personal hope is that my job can be done from home. In fact, it can
be if the powers that be would approve it. We already have Internet
access to all necessary files, and it would work just fine to meet in
the flesh once a week or every other week. Or have phone conferences.
Motorola was doing this 15 years ago. Several people who have been
temporarily disabled have worked from home, no problem.

Before I went to work for the state board of education (yes, I know
it's a nasty job but someone has to do it and it pays well with good
benefits), I worked freelance for clients all over the world.

Marie