homestead - Re: [Homestead] Morning musing

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Morning musing
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:59:39 -0500

Part of the problem is being over-whelmed with all the bad news. And, apart
from some miraculously good thing that happens, most reported news is bad.
But part of the problem is how WE process the information we see and hear.
What do we CHOOSE to do with the information? How do we CHOOSE to react to
it, if at all? Do we focus on what we have within OUR control to do about
the situation? Or do we get angry at others for not acting? One is a
positive reaction, one a negative. The positive reaction breeds a positive
emotional outlook, while the anger at something outside our control fuels a
negative emotional outlook.

Throughout history many people have felt that we were going to hell in a
hand basket and that things are getting worse. We're still here. It is up to
us, how we choose to deal with our time. We can bemoan that society is going
to hell in a hand basket, or we can do what we can and go about our lives as
positively as possible.

Gloria