homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic claims on trial

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic claims on trial
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:48:12 -0400

Wendy; Does any specific type of marigold work better than others? There
are like a million varieties of just dwarf marigolds. I like the look of
flowers in with the veggies, too.

Also, does anyone have a natural remedy for squash bugs and the virus they
apparently carry? They have destroyed ALL my squash, melons, and cucumbers
for 2 years now. I've tried every organic solution I could find, including
picking off eggs...they quickly got ahead of me. I covered my winter
squash with insect row covers, and they did well until I had to take the
covers off for pollination, then they died like the rest.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA