homestead - Re: [Homestead] Organic claims on trial

  • From: Don Bowen KI6DIU <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Organic claims on trial
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:30:29 -0700

At 9/17/2007, you wrote:
Regrettably, in the case of fresh produce the o-word is being used as an
excuse to make you take whatever crap they want to give you.

The one Organic farm I know well sells fresh produce right picked that day. It is clean, crisp, and not bug eaten. It is also free from pesticides and the ground is fertilized with compost and cover crops. I know just how well it is done because I help out there sometimes and have followed from picking to farmer's market.

His stuff is good and he is always looking for something new. He currently farms about 150 acres in and around Hollister, CA. I recently helped him buy a mid 50s tractor and a water truck.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com