homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garlic scape question

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garlic scape question
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:49:20 -0500

On 6/22/07, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

Stalk of garlic?? So I looked into it and sure enough most garlic around the
world is grown as green garlic.

The whole plant can be minced up fine and added to anything you'd add garlic
to. It also freezes or dehydrates well.

From time to time I learn something here that is really and truly
useful. Thank you, James.

Marie, where after at least two months with no rain, the sky opened at
gave me 3 inches, but gently and over three days