homestead - Re: [Homestead] Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:23:39 -0800

Wow, kinda sad you don't live where you see a lot of folks having fun.

Besides, you wouldn't have to do without List 1, whether or not they are the *result* of use and abuse. Although the basic washing machine is simple steel gears and such, so it really doesn't belong on List 1 unless you want some fancy gadget type that does everything except fold your socks for you. A washer runs quite nicely by pedal power. As does charging the battery for the laptop. HSU has a whole house run by pedal power.

As to the pizza, one gets out one's Forschner to slice the pepperoni, et. al. *while* the Kitchenaide kneads the pizza dough. Multi-tasking while sharing a good brew and conversation with a roomful of friends.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

Yeah, but they didn't have near as much fun.

You think? Yourself excepted, of course, but I look around me and don't see
people having all that much fun.

Let me sort your list if I may:

List 1

Automatic washing machines
Computer

List 2

Running water
Toothbrush
Chair
Steel tools
Olive oil
Brews

The things from list one we would not have had without the modern use (and
abuse) of energy