homestead - Re: [Homestead] Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:46:29 EDT

> So? It's their fun & their illusion I really don't see my place in
> their business except to gossip.

It was used as an example of thinking (being persuaded, deceived perhaps) you
are doing one thing when the result is the opposite such as alternate energy
systems. If someone's choice is using down the common resources of the world
all the faster, it becomes everyone's business. For two reasons:

1. Using the available resouces disproportiantely.
2. Failing to do something real because you think you already are.

I'm all for the attitude that it's none of anyone else's business if someone
wants to buy (cause to be built and the resources and energy sqandered on) a
Kubota tractor to plow and disk a 600 sq ft garden. It's their business, eh?

Well, then likewise the people who want to get cheaper power from a sulfur
laden coal plant, drive a Hummer to pick up the evening paper, or hunt
whales.
It's all just their business then, isn't it?

> "Cannot" is too final a word. There is too much 'gray' in my world
> for that word to work.

There's gray in my world too, when it's actually gray. But when it's not,
it's not. This is not. Suburbs depend for their very existence on personal
transportation, they were designed around it. No personal transportation, no
suburbs. </HTML>