homestead - Re: [Homestead] Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Riot for Austerity! 90% Reduction Emissions Project
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:00:36 -0800

And doing so would be inefficient and use as much fuel as those racing around. Cars are most efficient, depending on the car, at speeds from 45 to 60 mph. So, other than to annoy others, you would accomplish nothing by slowing down. Plus, having caused the use of more fuel by others.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

I live 20 miles from the closest town. I'm not a lead foot driver so it
takes me about half an hour to get there. If I slowed down to 20 mph, it would
take an hour. I could do that. In fact sometimes I find myself driving slower
and slower anymore. Cars will tailgate and impatiently whip around me and
careen off into the distance. When I get to the first traffic light in town,
sure enough, there they are. "Full of sound and fury signifying nothing." </HTML>