homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)

  • From: Judy Anderson <illiinnarra AT verizon.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethnicity (was Tortillas)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:44:43 -0400

Borracho is drunk or inebriated.

Judy

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:
What movie features fava beans??

The word "Frijoles" where I live is not only is used as a generic synonym for "bean" but it is also refers to cooking them by mashing and refrying them, as in refried beans. Thus, if black beans are prepared this way the menu will say frijoles negra, etc. If they are cooked whole in their broth they are called "borracho" although I don't know what that word might translate to.