homestead - Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:56:02 -0400

On 4/3/07, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

Georgia is the king of movies that "do a state proud" (ROTFLMAO)

Boy, isn't that the truth. You put together a good list. ;)

I'm a quarter French(hate saying that, and as a caveat, my
family was from the Alsace-Lorraine, near the German/Swiss border, but
they did speak French and consider themselves French, French names and
all of that)

I'm 100% German. All 16 of my great-great's hailed from Germany however,
truth is one (or two--not certain) couples came from the Alsace-Lorraine
area. In my case, I'm thrilled for some possible French blood.

My husband's family is the melting pot. His great-great's come from several
countries including Scotland, Ireland, Poland, and Austria. There's also
rumor of some Native American blood, but no one's dug into the family
genealogy to find proof--yet. And I'm not doing it anytime soon.

My boys are going to think of their corner of Appalachia, Floyd, VA, as
their hometown. I guess I've lived here long enough--longer here than
anywhere else, that it will be mine as well.