homestead - Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tortillas in paradise
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:29:30 -0400

Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:

I'm a quarter French(hate saying that, and as a caveat, my
family was from the Alsace-Lorraine, near the German/Swiss border, but they did speak French and consider themselves French, French names and all of that)

I'm 100% German. All 16 of my great-great's hailed from Germany however, truth is one (or two--not certain) couples came from the Alsace-Lorraine area. In my case, I'm thrilled for some possible French blood.

Before I found my birthfamily, people always guessed that I was German
and Swedish. French and Finnish is close, I suppose. :)
My French ancestors were friends and 'neighbors' who came to this
country together, two families. There isn't much doubt that the names
Jonte and Hermetet are French. Anyway, they settled and homesteaded
(late 1820's) in Schuyler County, Illinois, up in Gloria's neck of the
woods.

Bev

--
Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the
ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.