homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:42:31 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Mar 24, 2007, at 7:49 AM, sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:
http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/528051/?sc=swtn

Yes, interesting to scientists but not helpful to homesteaders, probably. East of Heartwood, along Bryant Creek, which is river size and into which our Hurricane Creek goes, is a plant natives simply call cane.

Yup, we have the same, and after reading the article, I now know it as rivercane. :)
I think we actually have the hill cane, too, because I have seen bamboo without leaves.

Bevanron of EarthNSky Farm Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting YOUR freedom.