homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 08:39:36 -0700

On Mar 24, 2007, at 7:49 AM, sanrico AT highdesert.com wrote:

http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/528051/?sc=swtn

Yes, interesting to scientists but not helpful to homesteaders, probably. East of Heartwood, along Bryant Creek, which is river size and into which our Hurricane Creek goes, is a plant natives simply call cane. It is a bit bigger than fishing pole size but not much useful, the sort of plant that Native Americans likely used for simple shelters but we of European backgrounds eschew.