homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:28:59 -0400

We have a type of bamboo growing in our bottom land along Park Creek. It
only grows about 2 or 3 feet tall and not very big around. Also, it is more
spread out instead of clumped up like other bamboos. The beaver love to eat
it so it must be tender.

One of our neighbors has some bamboo which probably reaches 20 feet tall
and about a 5 or 6 inch diameter. It grows thickly beside the highway in
one spot. He told us years ago that we could get any we wanted to plant for
ourselves and we've never done it. I have no idea what kind it is. Green
when mature.