homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bamboo question..(dumb)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:01:53 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Fence posts, trellis for shade vines on the west side of your house, shade structure framing for animals, tables, chairs, raised platform for drying food, and a pole for writhing around when you wish to entice Ron. In the latter case, be sure top and bottom are securely held. Not that I am any level of expert on such things of course, but seems to me that it should be pretty solid. The image of Demi Moore comes to mind. Oh, my.

LOL...I just de-limbed the rest of the canes this morning. Now I have 40 foot long poles..yeehaw..

Speaking of Ron, did I tell you about the wonderful old ocean-going canoe I saw in Hawaii, essentially carved out of one very long log?

I *think* so. His folks went to Hawaii a couple of years ago and took some pics of a hand carved one, too. He's also seen pics of a hand carved Inuit canoe..

Just in case he needs another project.